- Dairy products (skim or whole milk, goat milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.)
- Meats (beef, pork, chicken, turkey, fish, etc)
- Wheat (bread, pasta, etc)
- Citrus fruits
Pain Safe Foods:
- Brown rice
- Cooked or dried fruit (cherries, cranberries, pears, prunes (not citrus, bananas, peaches, apples or tomatoes.
- Cooked green, yellow and orange vegetables (artichoke, asparagus, broccoli, chard, collard, lettuce, spinach, string beans, summer or winter squash, sweet potatoes, tapioca and taro (poi).
- Water, plain or carbonated.
- Modest amounts of salt, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Alpha – linolenic acid (ALA) : vegetables, beans, fruits, flaxseed oil, canola oil, wheat germ, walnut oil. Take 1 tbs or 4 capsules of flaxseed oil daily.
- Gamma – linolenic acid (GLA) borage oil, evening primrose oil, black currant oil, hemp oil. 1.4 gms of GLA daily.
- Vitamin E: 400 IU or 100 IU with high blood pressure.
- Ginger: 1 tsp. (1-2 gm) takes up to 12 weeks for results.
- Clove oil, garlic, cumin, turmeric (up to 5 gm).
- Thunder god vine.
- Increase anti-oxidants (Vit A, C, E, selenium).
- Avoid high iron concentrations in your blood.
- Reduce estrogen levels: avoid fats and increase fiber in your diet.
- Try capsaicin on painful areas (Zostrix or Dolorac) by prescription.
4 week anti-arthritis diet
- For 4 weeks, generous amounts of food from the pain safe list.
- Avoid the major triggers, even small amounts.
- Foods not on either list can be consumed as long as you are following the instructions from #1 and #2.
- Use treatment recommendations to control pain in various joints.
- Results may occur in less than 4 weeks but once you find the diet combination that controls the symptoms then don’t deviate from it, even slightly.