It’s hard to believe that the end 2020 is quickly approaching! I’m sure many of us are happy to see it go. While 2020 has certainly brought its challenges, there have been some exciting developments at Active Health Centre.
Most of you know that October 29th was Dr. DeFinney’s last day of chiropractic practice after 44 years. Dr. DeFinney is truly missed, but we’re so happy he is enjoying some time to himself after such a legendary career. If you’ve been in the clinic recently, you’ll also have noticed some new signage at the clinic. I’m very excited to announce that Active Health Centre is now a part of the Pinpoint Health family. You can learn more about the Pinpoint group of clinics at www.pinpointhelath.ca. While Pinpoint has some exciting additions to services at the clinic in the coming weeks, you can expect the same high-quality, evidence-based care as we’ve always offered at Active Health Centre so stay tuned!
Please know we continue to have all of the necessary precautions (below) in place to keep you safe during your visits. Should York Region move to “lockdown” status at any point, there will not be any disruption to clinic operation as we are an essential service. Once again, we’d like to say thank you to our community and loyal patients for being so amazing at respecting our clinic protocols.
Welcome, Dr. Greg Hewitt!
We have some other exciting news at the clinic: We’d like to officially welcome Dr. Greg Hewitt to our team. Dr. Hewitt is a recent graduate from the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College and brings a wealth of knowledge and tremendous enthusiasm and we are thrilled to have him on board. Here is a letter of introduction from the man himself:
My name is Dr. Greg Hewitt and I am the newest member of the Active Health Centre team. I am a chiropractor who recently graduated from the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC).
I grew up in Thornhill avidly playing baseball, hockey and volleyball. My passion for sports led me to attend the University of Guelph where I studied Human Kinetics and played varsity baseball. Studying human movement and suffering an unfortunate back injury while at the University of Guelph inspired me to pursue chiropractic as a career.
I graduated from the University of Guelph with an Honours Bachelor of Science degree and began school at CMCC the next fall. In my first year I received an entrance scholarship for the highest GPA of an applicant from Ontario. My schooling at CMCC fostered a keen interest in human performance, injury and ergonomics. During my time at CMCC I became certified in Functional Integrated Acupuncture, instrument assisted soft tissue therapy and provided sideline first aid coverage for GTHL hockey teams. I went on to graduate summa cum laude from CMCC.
As a chiropractor I believe in promoting a healthy, active lifestyle to help patients achieve their goals. My treatment plans are individually tailored and evidence-based to help you meet the demands of daily living.
I am excited to serve the community of Markham and I hope to see you soon.
Dr. Greg Hewitt, BSc, DC
Working from home? Check out Dr.Hewitt’s work from home tips here!
How Active Health Centre Is Keeping You Safe
As we’ve said before, our greatest honour is to be entrusted with your health and we don’t take that lightly! As a reminder, here are some of the steps we are taking to ensure the safest possible environment for both patients and staff during your visit:
- Virtual waiting Room: In an effort to reduce traffic in the clinic we are using a “virtual waiting room” service. When you arrive for your appointment you will wait in your vehicle and we will gladly give you a wave through the back windows of the clinic or a call to your cellphone when we’re ready to commence your appointment. You can also feel free to call us at 905.294.0454 and let us know you are there.
- All patients are emailed a COVID-19 health screen the night before a visit. Patients are also screened again upon arrival for any signs or symptoms of COVID-19. Patients who exhibit any of the COVID-19 symptoms must reschedule their appointments and should attend a COVID-19 testing centre as soon as possible.
- Our clinicians continue to wear surgical masks for your protection and we ask that all patients please wear a face mask for your appointment. If you do not have a face mask upon arrival, don’t worry-we’ve got you covered!
- Touch-less payment is available via Tap at the front reception or an invoice can be provided via email following your appointment and e-transfers can be accepted.
- We very thoroughly spray down/scrub and disinfect all touchpoints (tables, door handles, bathrooms and clinic surfaces) in between each patient.
To schedule appointments with any of our clinicians, please call us at 905.294.0454 or email at [email protected]