It’s been a while since our last update! We have been back in full swing at the office for some time now and we are happy to report that things are operating very smoothly. The outpouring of support from our community and from our loyal patients has been incredibly heartwarming. Our staff are all so thrilled to be back doing what we all love and helping everyone stay active and healthy so – THANK YOU!
As we’ve said before, our greatest honour is to be entrusted with your health and we don’t take that lightly! As a reminder, here are some of the steps we are taking to ensure the safest possible environment for both patients and staff during your visit.
How Active Health Centre Is Keeping You Safe
- Virtual Waiting Room: In an effort to reduce traffic in the clinic we are using a “virtual waiting room” service. When you arrive for your appointment you will wait in your vehicle and we will gladly give you a wave through the back windows of the clinic or a call to your cellphone when we’re ready to commence your appointment. You can also feel free to call us at 905-294-0454 and let us know you are there.
- All patients will be emailed a COVID-19 health screen the night before a visit. Patients are also screened again upon arrival for any signs or symptoms of COVID-19. Patients who exhibit any of the COVID-19 symptoms must reschedule their appointments and should attend a COVID-19 testing centre as soon as possible.
- Our clinicians will be wearing surgical masks for your protection and we ask that all patients please wear a face mask for your appointment. If you do not have a face mask upon arrival, don’t worry-we’ve got you covered!
- Touch-less payment is available via Tap at the front reception or an invoice can be provided via email following your appointment. E-transfers can also be accepted.
- We very thoroughly spray down/scrub and disinfect all touchpoints (tables, door handles, bathrooms and clinic surfaces) in between each patient.
And Now For The Big News!
You may or may not be aware that the unthinkable is happening and Dr. John DeFinney is set to retire at the end of October! It’s a momentous occasion, to say the least. Dr. DeFinney has been a fixture in our community since opening DeFinney Chiropractic on Wooten Way in Markham back in 1979. Dr. DeFinney graduated from the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in 1976 and the highlights of his incredible 44-year career and his selfless contributions to chiropractic and his community are too numerous to list. John is an incredible teacher, coach, friend and family man who inspired me, and many to follow in his footsteps. I’ll miss having my mentor standing shoulder to shoulder with me in the office, but I am thrilled that he is moving on to enjoy some time for himself and his family.
Should you wish to send well wishes, Dr. DeFinney’s family is accepting video messages/photos/well wishes. They can be sent to [email protected]. Please feel free to forward to anyone you think this news should go to, bearing in mind that it’s a surprise!
-Dr. Mike Poschar
A Letter From Dr. DeFinney
Becoming a chiropractor was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It enabled me to help thousands of people live a healthier and more productive life. I have met some wonderful people and have developed some lifelong friendships. After over 44 years in practice, I have decided to retire from active practice. The move is made easier knowing that I leave my patients in good hands with my skilled, conscientious associates and friendly staff. There will also be some exciting changes to the clinic with the addition of medical personnel to add to our diversity of services. Your files will stay at the clinic with all the treatment notes so you will have continuity of quality care. My last day in the clinic will be Wednesday, October 28th. I would like to thank all of you for your confidence in me and for making my 44 years in Markham so rewarding.
Dr. John DeFinney